It’s the first day of October. The swallows have gone, and the days are shortening. My gardening year is coming to a close, yet there is much to do. However, rather than doing it, I am still in writing mode and the doing will be done it its own good time.
In attempting to find reasons to cheer Up My Monday, I am never lost for ideas. This week, I find myself thinking about bots. Yes, bots. These are the fake automated accounts I realised are everywhere out there. Let me give an example.
I use Instagram to share my garden with others. My account is petalsbyparaig and I love the interaction there. A simple garden photograph speeds its way to my many followers. Similarly, I enjoy looking at photographs posted by others, and the circle continues, adding excitement and motivation to my garden photography.
This is a list of some recent “followers”: (names edited to prevent further following!
- click.toincreasefollowers (Yeah, right…. more bots!)
- clinique58 (House of Fazer?)
- presstoobtain (Get Fame on instagram)
- pproteinIreland (I have enough, thanks!)
- Gracie98 (with Snapchat link only)
- hayeng212 (I can earn $100 per day…. wow!)
- Brazilian Lingerie (Online shop that delivers to me)
- Still lots of tomatoes ripening
- Garden catalogues arriving soon
- Sunshine last week was incredible
- The garden still looks great.
- Autumn is blooming
- Final spraying of roses
- Make a cold-frame
- Fix a leaking drainpipe
- Propagate several plants from cuttings and division
- Stop the birds from enjoying a soil dust-bath just where I have sown beetroot seed
- Sto the birds from enjoying a soil dust-bath just where I have sown spring onion seed